Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Funny Fudge

This is an old family recipe. It is hand-written in a recipe book with dozens of other hand-written family recipes. I have no idea where it originally came from, or why it is called "funny fudge" ...?

I have been making this recipe since I was probably 12 years old, and I used to tell people that it got its name because it only takes about 5 minutes to make, and I guess I thought that was funny. Who knows! No matter what you call it, this fudge is extremely yummy and habit forming, in all of its microwaved goodness.


Funny Fudge

1 box (16 oz) confectioners sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
1/4 cup whole milk (or half and half)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Line an 8x8 dish (or 8 1/2 X 6 1/2 pyrex) with foil and lightly grease with butter. Set aside.

Sift powdered sugar and cocoa into a microwave safe bowl. Add melted butter, milk and vanilla, do not mix or stir. Microwave for 2 - 2 1/2 minutes. Carefully remove from microwave (bowl will be hot!) and stir until smooth. (I use a hand mixer to make sure there are no lumps). Stir in nuts (if using).

Pour into prepared dish and allow to come to room temperature. Using foil as "handles", lift and remove from dish. Cut into squares. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I cooked some and they were lovely thankyou for the recipie !!!

    ReplyDelete