Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Spring Has Sprung...a Leak

The first day of summer is almost two weeks away and yet it has felt like summer for the majority of this month. Temperatures reaching upwards of 90 degrees, high humidity, intense sun - all the symptoms of summer.
I've come to the point where I expect to be met with a blast of hot air when I open the front door to head outside for a walk. However, yesterday I was met with a surprise. I stepped outside and a cool, refreshing breeze welcomed me. The mild sunlight creeping through the branches of the trees was casting a speckled array of shadow and sunlight on the pavement. It was so peaceful and inviting. It felt like spring had somehow crept its way back to the forefront.

The birds chirping, and little squirrels playing with each other, I felt an indescribable happiness to be alive. All the worries and cares of life seemed to leave me. I couldn't help but to silently thank the Lord for all of the blessings that I so often take for granted.

Ahhh...it was a beautiful day!

However, temperatures are once again on the rise, and so I thought I would share a frozen beverage recipe with you, to help you stay cool during the hot summer months.
Chocolate Shake

Serves 4

2 cups milk
1-2 cups ice
1/2 cup sugar (or honey sucanat)
2 Tbls. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Add milk to blender. Add enough ice so that it becomes even with the level of the milk. Add remaining ingredients. Whir all ingredients together. Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup if desired.

Enjoy, and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment