Friday, May 28, 2010

No Time Like the Present!


"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Well, the time has finally come. I am the proud owner of a new blog. Actually, I don’t personally own it, so I guess you could say that I am the proud creator of a blog owned by someone else, but that's beside the point.

In all sincerity, I have wanted a blog for quite some time. I enjoyed reading other people’s blogs so much that I thought it would be fun to have one of my own. Did I know when I woke up this morning that by the end of the day I would have one? No. Does that really matter now? Nope. Am I completely and utterly excited about getting underway? YES! : )

On a side note, I did not want to create a blog just for the sake of having one, I wanted it to have a purpose. But what should the purpose be, what theme should it have? Hmmm....What is the most common theme of the blogs that I enjoy reading? Food. Particularly food made with sugar. Is that such a bad thing !?! Probably, but hey, realizing you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

So I wanted the main focus of my blog to be baking. However, I didn’t want my blog to be solely limited to baking. I also wanted to use it to share things about my life and the things I find interesting.

Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that this blog will end up being a hodge-podge of all things me. I have also come to the conclusion that I used the word 'blog' over ten times in this post alone. But hey, who’s counting.

Have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. Nicole,
    I really love your blog! It's so clever and awesome! The header is great and the sun picture is amazing! I can't believe you took that!I love it, because It shows how the Lord is so powerful that even the sun obeys Him! I love you dearly and keep up the good work!
    Love
    ~Squeash~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I popped on at your Sis's urging. Great start! I love what you've written and how you've written so far!

    Good luck girl!

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily - Thank you so much! I really appreciate your support :) Love you too!

    Allie - Thanks for your encouragement and kind words! They really mean a lot :)

    ReplyDelete